Thursday, July 1, 2010

Free Time

Today I decided to stop going to my afternoon classes. The afternoon class is the course which prepares one for tests to enter universities in Japan, and also for the Japanese Language Proficiency test.
They were really starting to wear me down a bit, especially with the tests coming up. I'm not taking any of them, but I signed up for the classes just to keep my options open, and see what they had to offer.
However, now I have a good extra 4 hours and I don't think I'll be as tired. I can definitely put in a few more hours of my own study time and definitely a lot more play time :).
Since my goal is more of being able to use the language, playing is a lot more important than pushing my head in books too hard. Plus, I did that already in high school and university :-p. I'm not as concerned with passing tests and stuff.
If you need someone to manage your studying and stuff, I definitely recommend it, but I've always been a fan of macro management.
I really like my morning class though, because it focuses on the fundamentals, which is important in anything. The more I can practice the fundamentals, whether at school, in my room, or with my friends, the better I'll get.
Right now the most important thing is understanding. The more I can understand, after a while the more I can output.
もっと頑張ります!

No comments:

Post a Comment