Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Sound of Summer

You finally know it's summer when you hear the sound of the semi (cicada). Every morning, as long as it's not raining, I'm greeted with a wake up call from the semi. I usually sleep with my window open, since I'm not a fan of A/C too much, so its like my alarm clock for the summer :) They probably start up the same time every morning, which reminds of the rooster my cousin had in Jamaica, which would start crowing every morning at 6A.M. on the dot...lol 懐かしいな!
R.I.P. Charlie :)

I noticed their shells on the ground maybe last week or so, but never saw them until yesterday. In the park near my house, I saw some little girls catching them. By the time I came, they had a pet box with about 5 semi in it, buzzing away. I helped them catch a few more hiding in the trees, but didn't dare touch them. These things are huge and ugly...lol, but one of the girls was a pro, and was not afraid to grab one with her bare hands. I'll leave that to her :p

No comments:

Post a Comment