Monday, July 26, 2010

天神祭!!Tenjin Matsuri!! Pt.2


This is me trying to catch some fishies!! This is actually called Kingyo sukui (金魚すくい), or Goldfish scooping. I caught about 5 fish before my net thingy broke.

Last week I did the same thing with turtles at Gion Festival. There's actually a funny story with that, that I didn't tell before.

So after I caught about 3 turtles, I was able to keep one. I was happy, I won a turtle. We all even went as far as to name it Yuka. Maybe 30 min. later, I start thinking, "How am I going to take care of this turtle?" "What do turtles eat again?" "Where is it going to live?" "I'm not ready to be a daddy yet!?" lol It's enough just trying to take care of myself, but everyone thought I should raise it.

On the way home I ran back to the turtle catching place, and I told the guy sorry, but I can't take care of the turtle!! It was a sad night, I had to part with Yuka. :(

But I'm glad, I didn't want the turtle's life left in my hands :)These were the last big fireworks which look and sound more like explosions or some crazy gunshots...lol

Look out for more to come!!! Summer break is coming up! The summer is just getting hot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment