Monday, July 12, 2010

Going Back to My Hometown, Himeji

I had a pretty busy weekend. It started off at a nomikai, and then I went to the club afterward. The next day I went to see Toy Story 3. It was really good, as I expected. Also it was my first time to try out the 3-D glasses at the movies!! The movie theater is very expensive in Japan! Even after a student discount, its was still about $16 including the 3-D glasses if I remember correctly :p

The highlight of my weekend was going back to Himeji. If you remember, Himeji is where I started my journey, so I feel like it is my birthplace here :) My friend has a piano recital on Sunday so I went to help out with that.

I love going back, I always feel like I'm apart of my friend's family. They just talk to me normally, like I'm Japanese..lol, which I like because often people don't think I understand so they always slow down their speech. There are times when I don't understand, but I would rather have them naturally repeat it over and over than to slow it down. I will definitely say that at school things are a lot slowed down, so I think I understand Japanese until I go hang out with my other friends and their families...lol Especially since they teach standard Japanese at school, and I live in Kansai. But I guess knowing both dialects is good.

Anyway, Himeji was fun. I came back to Kobe last night well taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment