Monday, August 9, 2010

Osaka Bike Ride!!

Today was a good day. I woke up around 8 ready to go on our journey. My roommate and I decided that we were going to ride or bicycles to from Kobe to Osaka one day during the summer and today was the day!

We left out around 10AM and got some rations for the road. I chose my favourite, melon pan and onigiri :) Also some drinks to stay hydrated. After that we hit the road. We stopped maybe three times on the way. When we reached to about Amagasaki, one piece of rain fell and we were soaked. After that we made it somewhere near Tenoji in Osaka.

We arrived in Osaka about 2:15PM or so. So all in all in took us about 4 hours. By the way, from Sanomiya, Kobe to Umeda, Osaka it takes about 25-30 min. by train. It's about 30km or 18 miles one way!

It was good because there is so much that we have not seen, and that you can't see when you're in the train.

After drying off, it rained again on the way back!!! We got back around 6 or so.
Tomorrow I will probably wish I didn't do it. lol Although I run a lot, the bicycle uses a lot of different muscles as well.

Good night!!

1 comment:

  1. well i know you had a good night's rest after all of that!

    -Dani B

    ReplyDelete