Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Love Melon Pan

Today as I walked from the grocery store, I looked down and peeped into my grocery bag, and smiled as I saw the two melon pans staring right back at me. I don't know what it is, but I love melon pan.

After a long night of partying, for breakfast, for an afternoon snack, when I need brain food, melon pan is the food of choice. I think for me it's melon pan's simplicity that really makes me pick it over anything else. Soft, filling bread, with a bit of sweet to it. Not too overpowering or anything. Just right.

From a child I've always liked my food simple. For example, harddough bread with nothing on it. No butter, margarine, jam, just the nice plain bread. If I eat a salad, I eat a salad, no dressing. Even things like hot dogs and french fries. I think they taste just fine how they are, I don't need wads of ketchup and other condiments to smother the real taste of the food.

Two things I remember: My cousin used to smother everything and it used to drive me insane!! She used to eat rice and ketchup and literally put sooo much ketchup in the rice! Second, if she had pancakes or waffles she would smother them in the syrup until they were soggy. (I still love you though cuz) :p

It might sound weird, but I don't care, I just like to keep it simple.
Melon pan just makes my day :).

5 comments:

  1. Yo, that looks tasty. Bring some back to the States for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 全国ではメロンパンだけど、神戸ではサンライズって言うことがありますよ。
    http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/ichiros_blog/33385790.html
    これ見てね・・・

    ReplyDelete
  3. めちゃおもしろいです!知らんかったです。なぜ神戸のメロンパンは探しにくいですか?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Send some Melon Pan to Baldwin Hall! Lisa

    ReplyDelete