Sunday, April 4, 2010

Mison B @ Kings Cross

Last night I went to a Reggae club to see Mison B perform. The place was pretty small, I think it could literally hold on about 50 to 75 people, but it never got too packed. The selectas (DJs) played a good selection of songs. I was definitely surprised at some of the older stuff they played. The only thing is no one danced! The guys stand up and so do the girls just bobbin their heads! It was cool though, I was just there for the music as usual. Definitely ready to check out Osaka. Kobe doesn't really have as big of a scene.

I heard one of Mison B's songs on a mix tape one time and instantly liked here style. It's actually been hard to get any of her material though. I caught her live last night, and definitely liked her vibe.

1 comment:

  1. cool post, not been able to get deep into reggae/dancehall produced in Japan.

    Glad to finally see what you look like.

    ReplyDelete