Saturday, April 3, 2010

日本のマナー

If you're going to spend any period of time in Japan, something that I recommend is a book that just gives you a few tips on manners in Japan. If you're into Japanese language as well, I recommend getting a book that has both English and Japanese explanations. I just bought one because during my stay with my friend's family, there were a lot of probably subtle things that I did not take note of, for example how to always show your appreciation for things like food, even if they're just OK or not delicious at all. Also, from simple things like removing your shoes and using slippers to what you should do during a wedding or funeral. For certain things though, I agree it is good to just follow the most respected male/female depending on your sex, for a good example.

A few books I recommend are:

英語で読む日本のマナー by JAL アカデミー

The Rules of Living in Japan, from everyday manners to ceremonial rituals, Translation by Fuhito Shimoyama

No comments:

Post a Comment