Monday, April 26, 2010

仲原みすず・初恋 First Love、Misuzu Nakahara

HatsuKoi (First Love), based on a fictional autobiography by Nakahara Misuzu, Nakahara claims responsibility for a robbery that was committed in the 1960s. Also known as the "300 Million Yen Robbery", this was the biggest robbery in Japanese history, and followed up with the biggest police investigation in Japanese history. On December 10, 1968, a Nihon Shintaku Bank car transporting almost 300 million yen was stopped by someone posing as a police officer. While supposedly checking for a bomb under the car, this person set off a smoke flare, and the bank employees ran from the site, thinking a bomb was about to explode. The culprit then got into the car, and drove away with the money. The perpetrator remains a mystery to this day. The story has been romanticized because of its success and simple plot.
Source: YesAsia
I randomly watch movies, and happened to come across this movie. After a few times of watching it, and slowly being able to understand what was going on, I did a bit of research on the movie, and found the book. I just started reading it in Japanese today, and it definitely seems interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I have never heard about this book. Is there an english version?

    I love the 300 million yen robbery. I have some information on it myself ;) just check my blog if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete