Monday, September 6, 2010

Job Hunting!

I know I just wrote a few posts about me recently getting a part-time job, but that is not the end! Probably since the beginning of the summer, even before that, I've been looking for full-time jobs. Before June, I was probably looking on and off, but since July when I'm not in school or not studying, or at work, or playing :), I'm looking for jobs.

It's funny, when I was in university since I knew I was coming here, I never really focused to much on looking for a job. I went to a lot of career related events, especially thanks to my major, but it wasn't time. However, now I understand why everyone was running around like a chicken with their head cut off. lol While everyone was always talking about their jobs and internships, especially the last semester, I had my eyes directed at Japan. :) Now that I'm here, I'm definitely ready to see what is out there. It's time, so it will all work out.

As well as putting in applications to places online, I'm also considering trying to join the regular crowd here for job hunting just for the experience. I have my Japanese resume ready to go! The only thing is that my connections are not as big since I'm not going to a university here, and that's probably the biggest part of job hunting in Japan for students. So if you want to work in Japan, you may want to consider finishing your degree here or something along those lines. That way you can properly do job hunting.

Most of my friends have all gotten jobs for next spring, which I'm not surprised at since they're all pretty bright. :p Having gone through the process here, they've given me a lot of advice on what to do, and are always there when I need help.

It feels a bit nerve wrecking but good at the same time, preparing up for interviews and stuff like that again. This is it, this is where I'm going to build. No matter where you are, or want to go opportunity is definitely there. I didn't fully have a plan when I came, but I'm slowly just following my path as it is illuminated. Everything will come together, piece by piece. In good and bad times, opportunity is there my friends.
Yes, I love it here. Di place nice! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment