Monday, September 6, 2010

Gotta Run!

Probably since I started university, I got in the habit of running about 2 or 3 times out of the week. The biggest reason is just so I can keep a mental/physical balance going. When I was younger I used to do sports, but I stopped liking the competition. Especially because I sucked, and people don't give you opportunity when you suck...lolYou just sit on the bench and watch the game, no sweat, no dirt, no adrenaline.

So I mainly practiced on my own, or played with friends, so just as I would start to feel like was getting good at something I would loose interest mainly because it was always about winning and not about the personal and team development, which I think that's one of the reasons sports are there.But to be fair, I guess it is about winning too :) lol

Anyway, since I've been here I've not stopped running. I usually run from my place to the sea, and back nonstop. It used to take me about 50 to 40 min. but now I can usually do my route in about 30 min. The feeling afterward is priceless! Not to mention I get the best sleep ever afterward.

Here are pictures of the halfway point. Simply beautiful, nice breeze, ocean waves, people holding a meditation, fishing, exercising, doing martial arts or just spending time together. I'll definitely be out there in a few hours!This last picture is facing the direction of my house and the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment