Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back 2 School

Yesterday was the first day of school after Summer break. After 2 weeks we will have final exams or something like that, and then we will have Fall break! During that period probably new students will come in for the Fall term starting in October.

I don't know if I can say I was happy to start back, mainly because I feel like I just got here yesterday, and now it's already September.

As far as my progress, I feel like school is a lot slower. It is good to reinforce the things that I learn outside of the classroom, but it feels a bit too slow and watered-down for me..lol
Spending the whole summer just hanging out and being in my Japanese environment, whether with friends, or at work, maybe I couldn't see any growth in my Japanese because of the learning curve but maybe there was just a little :) At work and play is probably where I'll get my full meal of Japanese everyday :)

This will be another progressive semester!

Speaking of Japanese Language School, there is a manga called Nihonjin no Shiranai Nihongo, which is now a drama. This is probably one of the first mangas I read, but it makes more sense once you actually understand, because you can get the humor of the mistakes that people make when learning Japanese. If you have a chance you should check it out. It's basically about what a Japanese Language School is like. It covers everything from the crazy things that students say, to even the teacher not knowing the answer to some questions about Japanese or Japanese culture and student's responses. It's a bit exaggerated, but I can definitely relate to it since I'm going to one. lol 

1 comment:

  1. これは面白いですよね。
    本も2巻読んだし、テレビでもよく見てますよ。
    僕ら日本人でもわからないことがいっぱいです。
    あっタイトルになってるか・・・(爆)
    明日、ちょっと寄って下さい。
    それから「ダーリンは外国人」も面白いですよ・・・

    ReplyDelete