Monday, June 28, 2010

Mi Kasa es Su Kasa

First of all umbrella, in Japanese is Kasa(かさ・傘) Now, since about the past 2 weeks, Tsuyu(梅雨) or the rainy season has started. I won't say that it rains everyday, but it certainly did this weekend. There are also days when the rain is just teasing all day.
Even in any other season, umbrellas are everywhere. I went out in Osaka this weekend and it was definitely raining hard. Usually everyone has these cheap clear umbrellas. So for example when I went out, when it was time to leave you basically just grab an umbrella. They all look just about the same :). Because of this I keep and good umbrella for my everyday use and cheap umbrella I use when I go out.

This is what someone's genkan (玄関)(The place where you put your shoes when first walk in the house) can look like in regards to umbrellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment