Sunday, May 23, 2010

Nihongo de! Japanese Please!

As I have mentioned before, I am going to a language school in Japan. A big problem in my class, and maybe throughout the school is that since the Chinese students are the majority, they tend to speak a lot of Chinese in school as well as in class. I'm pretty sure that other schools have the same problem with large groups that speak that same language as well. However, for the past 2 weeks or so, it has caused us to have new rules in place to try and ensure our "Japanese environment". None of the rules really bother me, because I'm Japanese. :) You are sure to see me with my novel and my headphones when it is time to break, because all I want to be fed is Japanese :)
I'm not complaining or anything, because I know why I'm here, but for others it is a problem I hope can be solved without too much backlash from the students that could care less.Let's see what happens in the morning!

4 comments:

  1. google luck with your Japanese studies!

    I can't see how the students will have a problem with that new rule as it is for their benefit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do recognise the red phone box. Feels like familiar grounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you strict Japanese still read OutaRoad. Neeeeeeext Tiiiiiing! LOL!

    I know we haven't spoken in roughly a month now. I'll Skype you tomorrow night. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well thats how they treated kids at my school groing up.. we couldn't speak our own languages... i can say..it works lol

    ReplyDelete